Job resources for academic positions in nano-optics and applied electrodynamics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
vsv86
Messages
25
Reaction score
13
Hello

I am planning to apply for some academic positions (lecturer, assistant professor level and equivalent) in US, Canada and Australia. My field is nano-optics and applied electrodynamics. Can anyone suggest websites where such positions would be advertised?

I have googled of course. I get lots of websites. It is hard to judge which ones are important, and which ones just waist your time. In UK, there is jobs.ac.uk and times higher education unijobs, but I am really at a loss when it comes to overseas.

Thank you
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
For Australia, SEEK is quite popular. I couldn't find much under Education with "nano" in it, but keep an eye on it from time to time.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vsv86
In the USA, the first place I think of for academic physics positions is Physics Today, published by the American Institute of Physics. However, the academic-year hiring cycle for positions starting next fall is mostly finished now. Application deadlines usually range from maybe November through February, with "better" schools coming first. At this time, most academic positions available are probably last-minute openings created when someone resigns or is terminated suddenly, or short-term positions.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vsv86