My favorite lyricist is Isaac Brock

  • Thread starter Thread starter raolduke
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
raolduke
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
My favorite lyricist is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Brock_%28musician%29" . I am not sure how many of you have listened to a Modest Mouse album but they are very deep. Though this is just one example, I think they are some of the most powerful lyrics I have ever heard from a band.
I was in heaven, I was in hell,
believe in neither but fear 'em as well.
Pretty much got me into the whole existential mind-set.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I would have to say my second favorite band.. The Pixies.
There was this boy who had two
Children with his sister
Who were his daughters
Who were his favourite lovers
Love Frank Black's lyrics. <3
 
Randy Newman is a GOD! How can you not worship his lyrics? All together now!

"It's Garry Shandling's Show" by Randy Newman

This is the theme to Garry's show
The opening theme to Garry's show
Garry called me up and asked if I could write his theme song
I'm almost halfway finished
How do you like it so far?
How do you like the theme to Garry's show?

This is the theme to Garry's show
The opening theme to Garry's show
This is the music that you hear as you watch the credits
We're almost to the part of where I start to whistle
Then we'll watch "It's Garry Shandling's Show"!
 


out of whack said:
Randy Newman is a GOD! How can you not worship his lyrics? All together now!

"It's Garry Shandling's Show" by Randy Newman

This is the theme to Garry's show
The opening theme to Garry's show
Garry called me up and asked if I could write his theme song
I'm almost halfway finished
How do you like it so far?
How do you like the theme to Garry's show?

This is the theme to Garry's show
The opening theme to Garry's show
This is the music that you hear as you watch the credits
We're almost to the part of where I start to whistle
Then we'll watch "It's Garry Shandling's Show"!


I love that, how clever, and get paid for it, great!
 


raolduke said:
Randy Newman is a hoser.


you say that like it's a bad thing...
 


Bad Religion are my favourite lyricists.