My return here to the fellowship of physics people :)

• Thread starter Michael Tomb
  • Start date
In summary, returning to the fellowship of physics people has been a rewarding experience. Being surrounded by individuals who share a passion for understanding the laws of the universe has reignited my own curiosity and enthusiasm for the subject. Collaborating and exchanging ideas with like-minded individuals has allowed me to expand my knowledge and perspectives in the field. It is a privilege to be a part of this community and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue learning and growing with the support and camaraderie of my fellow physics enthusiasts.
Michael Tomb
Hello forum members, I am Michael. A long time ago, in the closest galaxy to my own front door, I received a Bachelor of Arts in what I now refer to as "Physics Appreciation." It all started with time in my childhood spent marveling at the beauty of the night sky and bearing witness to the sense it gives of spaceship earth. After 1979, I never returned to either astronomy or physics, except occasionally when constructing code to express scientific algorithms for commercial software then used within lens and thin film design and more often, later, models of toxicological properties based on the structural similarities described by organic and physical chemistry. See even before the following terms were in use, I was a geek and hacker well before I took nineteen college level courses in physics and astronomy. Most of that has now faded. But I am still a fan of physics. And I still like to take out my big binoculars out and peak on the night sky now and then. And I am glad to come aboard here, even while mostly lurking.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Michael Tomb.
smiley_sign_welcome.gif

and welcome back to [emoji313] Physics!

Likes Michael Tomb