Neil deGrasse Tyson speaking at the Hayden Planetarium this Wednesday

• Thread starter RunSwimSurf
  • Start date
In summary, Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, author, and science communicator who is the director of the Hayden Planetarium in New York City. The Hayden Planetarium is a public planetarium known for its state-of-the-art space shows and educational programs. Neil deGrasse Tyson will be speaking at the Hayden Planetarium this Wednesday, with tickets available for purchase online or in person. The topic of his speaking event will likely focus on astronomy, space science, and the latest discoveries in the universe.
RunSwimSurf
Gold Member
Neil deGrasse Tyson will be speaking about "Pluto" this Wednesday at the Hayden Planetarium, followed by a book signing.

Info:
Wednesday, February 11
7:00 PM
Hayden Planetarium Space Theater
$13.50 - $15

Here's the link:
http://www.amnh.org/programs/programs.php?event_type_id=3&bytype=1 [Broken]

I will be attending (if I can get out of work on time!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Great

pluto.jpg

Pluto for planet.

I am very excited to hear that Neil deGrasse Tyson will be speaking at the Hayden Planetarium this Wednesday. His knowledge and expertise in the field of astrophysics is unparalleled and I am eager to hear his perspective on the topic of "Pluto." I believe his insights will be thought-provoking and informative, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to learn from him.

I am also pleased to see that there will be a book signing following the talk. This will allow attendees to further engage with Dr. Tyson and potentially delve deeper into the topic of "Pluto." I hope to attend the event and gain a better understanding of the current scientific understanding of this dwarf planet.

For those who are interested in attending, I highly recommend purchasing tickets in advance as I anticipate this event will be popular. And for those who are unable to attend, the link provided offers a great opportunity to learn more about this event and potentially other similar events at the Hayden Planetarium. Overall, I believe this will be a fantastic opportunity for both science enthusiasts and the general public to learn more about the fascinating world of astrophysics.

1. Who is Neil deGrasse Tyson?

Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, author, and science communicator. He is the director of the Hayden Planetarium in New York City and has hosted numerous science television shows, including "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" and "StarTalk".

2. What is the Hayden Planetarium?

The Hayden Planetarium is a public planetarium located within the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. It is known for its state-of-the-art space shows and educational programs about astronomy and space science.

3. When is Neil deGrasse Tyson speaking at the Hayden Planetarium?

Neil deGrasse Tyson will be speaking at the Hayden Planetarium this Wednesday. The specific date and time can be found on the Hayden Planetarium's website or by contacting the planetarium directly.

4. How can I attend Neil deGrasse Tyson's speaking event at the Hayden Planetarium?

Tickets for Neil deGrasse Tyson's speaking event at the Hayden Planetarium can be purchased online through the planetarium's website or in person at the planetarium's ticket counter. It is recommended to purchase tickets in advance as events may sell out.

5. What will Neil deGrasse Tyson be speaking about at the Hayden Planetarium?

The topic of Neil deGrasse Tyson's speaking event at the Hayden Planetarium may vary, but it will likely focus on astronomy, space science, and the latest discoveries in the universe. Check the planetarium's website or event description for more information on the specific topic.