New Jurassic Park in Eugene Oregon?

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a rusted jeep that may have been an original movie prop from Jurassic Park. The owner of the jeep has created a replica with the same markings and plans to repaint it for the new movie coming out. There are also other ideas for modifying the jeep into a Star Wars snow speeder or a Lord of the Rings themed vehicle. The conversation also mentions a person in town who modifies old cars into imaginative designs.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Saw this today when I took my car in for some service.
2018-03-05 11-16-42 -799.jpg

It needs some body work, but I didn't see any bites marks!

Attachments

• 2018-03-05 11-16-42 -799.jpg
    2018-03-05 11-16-42 -799.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 4,147
Likes Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
The jeep might be an original movie prop. It seems its pretty heavily rusted though and would require a lot of restoration. It would be even cooler if the dino was an audioanimatronic figure with an audible roar and moveable mouth. I'm sure the kids would go crazy over it if they survived the original scare.

I've thought of making my beige rubicon a jurassic park jeep with the same markings but am torn between that and other ideas. I guess its more fun to have a blank canvas because you can reuse it over and over again in your mind.

I was told this car belonged to one of the techs working at the car place.
There is also a guy in town that takes small old cars (cheap) and modifies them into things that kind of look somewhat like a star wars snow speeder (without the .wings) or more imaginary things.

Yeah one thing I thought was odd was the rust on the door and not on the lower body. This might be something special for effect.

Hi! I am the owner/builder of the Jeep. I am honoured that you would think this was an original movie prop! I have a full build log here https://www.facebook.com/JPJeep46/

Thank you again for the kind words! I am hoping to repaint it (still to look rusty, but with my newer skills) for the new movie coming out in 2 months.

All the rust is acrylic paint mixed with dirt for texture, layered in black, orange, and brown.

Congratulations!
Its a fun thing to see, for sure.

Interesting how you layered-up the rust.

I have a 2017 desert colored Rubicon and have considered doing a mod like that to make a Jurassic Park jeep but am hesitant to go so crazy. I also like the Lord of The Rings trilogy and thought that would be cool too. Just can't decide.

It's always more fun to have a blank canvas, it spurs the imagination.

1. What is the location of the new Jurassic Park in Eugene, Oregon?

The new Jurassic Park is located on the outskirts of Eugene, Oregon, in the Willamette Valley.

2. When will the new Jurassic Park open in Eugene, Oregon?

The opening date for the new Jurassic Park in Eugene, Oregon has not been announced yet. However, construction is currently underway and it is estimated to open in the next 2-3 years.

3. Will the new Jurassic Park in Eugene, Oregon have real dinosaurs?

No, the new Jurassic Park in Eugene, Oregon will not have real dinosaurs. The park will feature animatronic dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures.

4. What attractions will be featured at the new Jurassic Park in Eugene, Oregon?

The new Jurassic Park in Eugene, Oregon will have a variety of attractions including a ride through a dinosaur habitat, a dinosaur petting zoo, a fossil dig site, and interactive educational exhibits.

5. How will the new Jurassic Park in Eugene, Oregon ensure visitor safety?

The new Jurassic Park in Eugene, Oregon will have strict safety protocols in place to ensure the well-being of all visitors. This includes trained staff, secure enclosures for the animatronic dinosaurs, and emergency plans in case of any incidents.