New Member - Chicken Poop and Zero Gravity Pens

• Thread starter Steven Bolgiano
  • Start date
In summary, "New Member - Chicken Poop and Zero Gravity Pens" aims to introduce new members to the scientific community and provide them with resources for conducting research in a zero-gravity environment. The "Chicken Poop" component is a specialized fertilizer for use in these conditions, while "Zero Gravity Pens" are writing instruments designed to function without the effects of gravity. Anyone with a passion for science can become a member and access these resources by filling out an application on the community's website.
Steven Bolgiano
I'm "sort of" a Design Engineer (Associate Degree). 68 years old. Lifetime Surfer.
My last significant project was a 250,000 gallon biodigester for chicken poop. Western Academics said it couldn't be done so I had to go to Europe and China to get the experience and meet the people I needed.
I began 3d modeling (digital) in 1986, but have only been 3d printing for 3 years. I print pretty much everyday. Most of it involves my two current interests, Thermal Optics, and Hydrogen generation.
My two favorite quotes: A farmer once told me when I was a young man working on his farm, ... "Son not only do you not know the answers, you don't know the questions!" The other quote is unattributed - "NASA spent millions of dollars trying to invent a pen to write in zero gravity, ... the Russians sent their cosmonauts up with a pencil!"
Cheers,
Steven

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Steven. I'm envious of your 3D printer.

Thanks!
I'm one of those who lost their original PF status in your site's Data problems. Thanks so much for the way you redirected those affected to get back online!

s.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Greg Bernhardt will be delighted to hear that you are back again. The day that happened was a very bad day.

Nice to read "Western Academics" doesn't include Europeans :rolleyes:
:welcome: -- welcome back, I suppose (hadn't noticed "PF Data Problems" ?)

Likes anorlunda
oh heck no! Europeans have a completely different approach to innovation. The Welsh I worked with, had some amazing engineering approaches, and electronics. However their subsidies for energy production are so high, they could have made everything from gold and still profited. The Chinese have been doing bio-digesters for a long time, and had eloquently simple engineering... i.e. hydro-static storage of methane gas, so no gas pumps required.
I won't even get started on the monetizing of innovation In the U.S. Other than to say very little reaches the common good of the community...
PF cultivates what we need more of here in the States for sure! But I'm here to fill in my "nuts and bolts" blind spots in science and engineering.
You can read my profile to get a hint of my current project.

The New Member Introduction forum is for brief introductory posts only. I'll go ahead and close this Intro thread now. Thanks. :smile:

1. What is the purpose of "New Member - Chicken Poop and Zero Gravity Pens"?

The purpose of "New Member - Chicken Poop and Zero Gravity Pens" is to introduce new members to our scientific community and provide them with the necessary resources and tools to conduct experiments and research in a zero-gravity environment.

2. How does the "Chicken Poop" component fit into the equation?

The "Chicken Poop" component refers to a special type of fertilizer that has been developed specifically for use in zero-gravity environments. It is made from a combination of organic materials that have been proven to thrive in these conditions, making it an essential resource for growing plants and conducting agricultural experiments.

3. What exactly are "Zero Gravity Pens" and how do they work?

"Zero Gravity Pens" are writing instruments that have been designed to function in a zero-gravity environment. They use a special type of ink and a pressurized cartridge to allow for smooth and precise writing without the effects of gravity. This makes them ideal for taking notes and recording data during experiments in space or on other planets.

4. Can anyone become a member of this scientific community?

Yes, anyone with a passion for science and a desire to conduct research in zero-gravity environments can become a member. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and levels of experience to join our community and contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge.

5. How can I get involved and start using these resources?

To get involved, simply visit our website and fill out the membership application form. Once you have been approved, you will have access to all of our resources, including the "Chicken Poop" fertilizer and "Zero Gravity Pens". You can then begin conducting experiments and contributing to our community's scientific endeavors.

Back