1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Analysis ODE by V.I Arnold (doubts about publishers)

1. Dec 10, 2015 #1
    Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of buying Arnold's book of ODE, but looking for it on the internet I have found two publishers which have this book printed: MIT Press and Springer. The main question is: which edition is better?

Both editions haven't the same quantity of pages, maybe because of their dimensions, but it makes me think that they haven't the same contents (like the edition of publisher "Rubiños" which doesn't have some sections).

Thanks a lot,

Julano

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2015 #2
    Can't you look into the table of contents? That would be a good indication.

Look at chapters and the length of those chapters specifically.

EDIT:
    I found this review on amazon which should clarify the differences

4. Dec 10, 2015 #3
    I could see the table of the Springer edition, only. MIT's table wasn't avaliable.

I didn't see that review, and it's the first one... Thanks for show me it. Thanks a lot for your help!

5. Dec 10, 2015 #4
    I only saw the review the second time I opened the page as well.
    It was after I noticed that the table of contents wasn't available for the mit press version.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted