Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ordered a new leather-covered recliner

1. Jan 10, 2012 #1

turbo

Gold Member

There are times (especially now, when I have a cold/flu that won't let go) when my respiratory problems won't let me sleep. No sleep=constant jet-lag and exhaustion. My wife surveyed some local stores on Saturday and picked out a recliner. I braved the wilds of the suggested furniture stores yesterday, and confirmed an order on a recliner that she liked.

Unfortunately, the last store was staffed by two women that were all perfumed up (subtle, but there). So I suffered the rest of yesterday, and have cut my sleep short today and may have to try to go back to bed, though I am not an Evo-style napper. When I get up from a nap, I am very out-of sorts, and less civil than my normal self. My dog naps - maybe I should steal his $$$ Drs Foster and Smith bed and try it out.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2012 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hope it helps turbo. I have to sleep sitting up, but I manage it with tons of pillows. I had an incredible huge leather chair that would put Evo Chil out like a light when she sat in it. That thing felt like kid leather, and it was so comfortble. It was too large to move to my smaller place. :cry:

4. Jan 10, 2012 #3

turbo

Gold Member

I hope it helps, too. The two sales-women in that store put me in a tail-spin, but the chair looks like an OK option to lying flat with mucus building in my sinuses.

5. Jan 10, 2012 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Ack! Too sad to lose a comforting and familiar piece of furniture.

6. Jan 10, 2012 #5
    My favorite recliner is soo old and looks soo bad my wife throws a blanket over it. I just have it broken in and I don't want to give it up.

7. Jan 10, 2012 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Many years ago (about 35 or so) I bought an old oak Morris chair, took it apart and refinished it and put it back together. My mother made some corduroy-covered cushions for it to replace the leather/horsehair cushions that came with. That chair is my father's "TV" chair now.

8. Jan 10, 2012 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I paid over $2,200.00 for it. We called it Moya after the leviathan spaceship from Farscape. :cry:

9. Jan 10, 2012 #8

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I want a new recliner but can't find one for my long legs. Can't sleep when my legs go numb. :(

10. Jan 10, 2012 #9

turbo

Gold Member

When I got home, I explained that the store was closed for lunch break. I had headed back down the sidewalk, and nodded and gestured at slim, pretty brunette as I crossed her path. She was the saleswoman that I ended up dealing with. Actually, "slim" doesn't cut it. Skinny (including butt) would be a good approximation. My wife said "What are you doing, talking to pretty girls?"

Edit: Anyway, that black hair probably comes out of a bottle. She was complaining about not being able to see the details on the furniture-company tag, and when I asked how long her eyesight had been devolving, she said that she was 50. You could have knocked me over with a broom-straw!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook