PF PHOTO CONTEST - Four legs good, two leg bad (apr 18-25)

In summary, the conversation revolved around a photo contest with the theme of "Four legs good, two legs bad." The rules were discussed, including resizing and editing guidelines, and the submission process. Participants also shared their own ideas and entries for the contest, and suggestions for cameras were given. One potential entry, a photo of a person with four good legs and two bad legs, was deemed not fitting for the contest by the organizer.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Four legs good, two legs bad
Something (or things) with 4 legs this week.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Ideas for competitions you'd like to see? Submit them here

Physics news on Phys.org
matthyaouw said:
Four legs good, two legs bad
Something (or things) with 4 legs this week.

Do we allow for creative understanding of the theme, or does it have to be boring four-legger?

What kind of thing do you mean?

Check pm.

img3406y.jpg

Zz.

262ayok.jpg

Chipmunk at Mt Rainier...July of 2008.

ZapperZ said:
img3406y.jpg

Zz.

I don't see any mickey mouse patterns in the giraffe's coat. Or any other Disney correlation. What's up?

One of my hand-tamed chipmunks doesn't think two legs are bad - she scales me and climbs on my clothes searching in pockets for seeds. I apologize for the poor focus. I had gone outside to photograph birds only to find myself being scaled, and she over-ran the auto-focus. She's quick.

munkonlegcomp.jpg

Edit: Hmmm, Photobucket resizing fooled me. Should be OK this time.

Last edited:
I think size is incorrect.

nice pic, edward!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1266/4legs.png

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_6842.jpg

marzena_nosorozec.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

A chair with 4 legs

Borek's image most fits my idea of the challenge. I keep waiting for someone to show a dog with two legs up, doing his business.. although I think they usually do that on three. Hypatia's would fit if she had some rowdy kid tilting back in the chair.. maybe being scolding by an adult about cracking his head on that concrete!

Note to self -- I really need to get a nice digi-cam. Our two are four-letter words...

physics girl phd said:
Borek's image most fits my idea of the challenge. I keep waiting for someone to show a dog with two legs up, doing his business.. although I think they usually do that on three. Hypatia's would fit if she had some rowdy kid tilting back in the chair.. maybe being scolding by an adult about cracking his head on that concrete!

Note to self -- I really need to get a nice digi-cam. Our two are four-letter words...

You especially need a camera since you're expecting!

physics girl phd said:
Borek's image most fits my idea of the challenge.

There were a lot of ideas flying around. The first idea for Marzena's entry was completely different. As we have already posted our pictures and I will show only link to the other one, I hope Mat won't delete it:

http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/flg2b.jpg

Me and Junior with my Mom. Four good legs and two bad legs :wink:

Borek said:
There were a lot of ideas flying around. The first idea for Marzena's entry was completely different. As we have already posted our pictures and I will show only link to the other one, I hope Mat won't delete it:

http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/flg2b.jpg

Me and Junior with my Mom. Four good legs and two bad legs :wink:
That would have been a pretty good entry!

We consulted Matt and he decided it doesn't fit his idea of the contest. He is the boss :wink:

28j9u3b.jpg

four carrying two.

1. What is the "PF PHOTO CONTEST - Four legs good, two leg bad" about?

The PF PHOTO CONTEST is a photography competition where participants can submit photos that showcase the theme of "Four legs good, two leg bad". The theme is inspired by George Orwell's novel "Animal Farm" and encourages photographers to capture the beauty and diversity of animals in their natural habitats.

2. Who can participate in the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography, regardless of their level of expertise. It is also open to people of all ages and from all countries.

3. What are the rules for submitting photos to the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

Participants must submit original photos that they have taken themselves. The photos must also adhere to the theme of "Four legs good, two leg bad" and should not contain any offensive or inappropriate content. Additionally, participants must follow the submission guidelines and deadlines provided by the organizers.

4. How are the winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST selected?

The winners are selected by a panel of judges who are experts in the field of photography. They will evaluate the photos based on creativity, composition, and how well they fit the theme. The judges' decisions are final and cannot be appealed.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The winners will receive cash prizes, as well as the opportunity to have their photos featured in a photography magazine or exhibition. They will also receive recognition and exposure for their work through the contest's social media and website.