Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF PHOTO CONTEST - Halloween! (10/25-11/1)

1. Oct 25, 2006 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Halloween!

Since Halloween is coming up next week, our theme this time will be on this festivities. All pictures with a clear reference to Halloween as the main subject of the picture qualify.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a grey area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aww...geee...now I can't reuse that picture from the bad picture competition. :rofl: I'll have to find something to photograph since those are the only Halloween photos I have that don't show people whose faces I don't have permission to post (most are from Halloween parties...people should wear masks with their costumes!) I don't have any Halloween decorations up this year...I love decorating for Halloween, but the Halloween-colored cat is enough and I'm sure she'd spend all day ripping down any decorations I put up.

4. Oct 25, 2006 #3
    Stick Ember in one of those plastic pumpkins and take her picture!:biggrin:

5. Oct 25, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, that would be so cute! Now I'm going to have to get one of those plastic pumpkins, and...hmm...do you think tape on her feet will keep her in long enough to take the picture? :biggrin:

Too bad my parents' dog isn't getting along with her very well (they both eye each other suspiciously from across the room, until Ember hisses and growls)...their dog has matching colors...different pattern, but very similar shades of black, white and orange in her coat. It would have made an adorable picture to have them side-by-side if they would tolerate each other long enough.

6. Oct 26, 2006 #5

Mk

Well, I'll have my camera on Halloween night, and maybe I'll see something and post it!

7. Oct 26, 2006 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Ummmm.

Since Halloween is the 31st, can we extend the contest to November 1st? It's gonna be hard to take a "halloween picture" any earlier, then we all gotta have a moment to download, and choose and upload and post etc.

8. Oct 26, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: And some folks might need a little time to sober up before they are safe to operate a mouse to upload those photos. :biggrin:

9. Oct 26, 2006 #8

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Sure, I'll extend the deadline till end of Nov. 1st.

Zz.

10. Oct 30, 2006 #9

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Skinny black pants are back!

[​IMG]

11. Oct 30, 2006 #10
    hey, she is looking smart................:rofl:

12. Oct 31, 2006 #11

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

There'd better be a boat-load of pictures tomorrow, since that will be the last day to submit a picture for this contest.

Zz.

13. Oct 31, 2006 #12

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is not what I had in mind for this pic, but here is my daughter in costume

[​IMG]

14. Oct 31, 2006 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, I couldn't get a plastic pumpkin, but I did get Ember playing with my hat. (For some odd reason, she just refused to wear it, and she still won't sit still for the broom rides either.) :biggrin:

[​IMG]

(The hardest part of taking pictures of her is that she wants to play with the camera every time I have it out!)

15. Oct 31, 2006 #14
    She is a beautiful cat!!!!

16. Oct 31, 2006 #15

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

OK, here's mine. I just got back from the Halloween Parade in our neighborhood, and these are two of the ghoulies that made an appearence.

[​IMG]

Zz.

17. Oct 31, 2006 #16
    You americans are weird :rofl:

18. Nov 1, 2006 #17

Mk

Blame the Celtics, not us.

In that last picture I think there is something wrong with that guy in the middle... oh I see! He obviously hasn't brushed his teeth for a while.

19. Nov 1, 2006 #18
    i just don't see the point in dressing up if you can't go around and hit people :rofl:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  20. Nov 1, 2006 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your little girl is getting big! And so pretty!

21. Nov 1, 2006 #20

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Are you entering a picture for this contest? If you are, pick ONE. If not, then you shouldn't be posting a picture in this thread (read the rules at the beginning of this thread).

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?