PF PHOTO CONTEST - June Is Bustin' Out All Over (5/30-6/6)

In summary, June is Bustin' Out All Over! as flowers and other plants are starting to bloom, and we can see the beginnings of summer in the air.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
June Is Bustin' Out All Over!

I may have dated myself by identifying this week's theme title with a tune from the musical "Carousel" :) Still...

This week's theme is on all about things that you can see in the month of June - warm weather, sunshine, flowers, etc - unless of course you are in the tropics and get to see this all year round, or in the southern hemisphere where it is almost winter! :) But we will stick to the northern hemisphere that has all the 4 seasons. So show me your month of June!

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Whoa! 3rd day of the contest, and still no pictures. Didn't realize this was that difficult.

Zz.

June so far has been fairly without sunshine here, but I'll take the camera for a walk if that changes any time soon!

BTW, here's the namesake tune of our theme this week:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8270815416674344232

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a nice sign of June's warmer weather- flowering plants. Just took this picture this past weekend.

YellowFlowerSmall.jpg

Let the flowers bloom:

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2431/11wc1se4.jpg

At dust in June 2005 at you-know-where.

img7149zg8.jpg

Zz.

Mech_Engineer said:
Definitely a nice sign of June's warmer weather- flowering plants. Just took this picture this past weekend.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/mastacox/YellowFlowerSmall.jpg

Are you a good photographer or you have a really good camera?

I really loved it and want to take that good pictures!

It took me reading that it took you a minute to find him, lisab, for me to find him too. Great shot!

here is mine attached. poor skills

Attachments

• other04.jpg
    other04.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 461
apples said:
here is mine attached. poor skills

Sorry, it cannot be via attachment. You need to upload it to a photo server (there are many that let you do this for free) and then use the .img. tags to display it on here.

Zz.

GeorginaS said:
It took me reading that it took you a minute to find him, lisab, for me to find him too. Great shot!

Yea, bit it won't score any points for picture quality. There was no time to adjust for lighting. That Qwazy Wabbit was about to bolt.

Store-buries! Dare groan while doubt beck.

storeburies.jpg

BacktablesetJune2008047.jpg

I went to a June wedding last weekend, just a perfect day for it.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6848/dsc00063bs9.jpg
I couldn't come up with anything else...so another rose in the contest. It looks dark because I underexposed it. The raindrops didn't look as if I wanted them to if I didn't.

Hoped to capture June during the last trip. Not a change, waiting for the rain picture thread.

Anyway an oldy. Surprise flower garden in de woods.

wildgarden.JPG

Tahoe in June

2557453892_bf65745dcc_o.jpg

rootX said:
Are you a good photographer or you have a really good camera?

I really loved it and want to take that good pictures!

Photographer makes the picture not the camera. The main piece of tech that would help would be a high quality lens.

Related to PF PHOTO CONTEST - June Is Bustin' Out All Over (5/30-6/6)

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme for this month's photo contest is "June Is Bustin' Out All Over". We are looking for photos that capture the essence of the month of June, whether it's the beginning of summer, blooming flowers, or any other aspect that represents this time of year.

2. How do I enter the photo contest?

To enter the photo contest, simply submit your photo on our website or social media platforms using the designated hashtag. Make sure to follow all the rules and guidelines stated in the contest announcement.

3. What kind of photos are eligible for the contest?

All types of photos are eligible for the contest as long as they are original and meet the theme requirements. This includes landscape, portrait, macro, and artistic photos. However, please refrain from submitting photos that contain explicit or offensive content.

4. Can I submit more than one photo?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos for the contest. However, please note that each participant can only win one prize, so submitting more photos does not increase your chances of winning.

5. Who will be judging the photo contest?

The photo contest will be judged by a panel of experienced photographers and scientists. They will evaluate the entries based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The winners will be announced on our website and social media platforms.