Photo Contest - Purple People Eater (9/30-10/6)

In summary, the "Purple People Eater" photo contest is a fun and creative way for people to showcase their photography skills and promote awareness and appreciation of the color purple. It is open to anyone with access to a camera or smartphone, and the rules may vary but commonly include submitting original photos and following the theme. Winners are chosen by a panel of judges or through public voting based on creativity, composition, and overall impact of the photo. Prizes also vary but can include cash, photography equipment, or a feature in a photography publication.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Purple People Eater

No, no, no... don't even hum that tune or you'll never get it out of your head.

This week, your main subject is the color Purple!

Certainly there can be variations to this color, and computer displays can change the color from one display to another. So try as much as you can to select something that one would generally considers to be of the purple color. Think Barney!

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Likes AlexCaledin and fresh_42
Physics news on Phys.org
Lilacs in the churchyard
aXMiN.jpg

Likes DennisN
From my collection - Amethyst Crystals

2016_03_10_5200smm.jpg

Likes DennisN, berkeman, Rubidium_71 and 2 others
ZapperZ said:
No, no, no... don't even hum that tune or you'll never get it out of your head.

too late ... hahahaha
ZapperZ said:
Purple People Eater

and keeping in the theme "Purple People Eater" my pic could almost be imagined as a mouthful of purple teeth :biggrin:

Likes fresh_42
davenn said:
too late ... hahahaha
Indeed. For two days now ... :mad:
and keeping in the theme "Purple People Eater" my pic could almost be imagined as a mouthful of purple teeth :biggrin:
I saw the one-horned one-eyed part in it. But I hope for you it's not flying.

Last edited:
Likes davenn
GEDC0396.JPG

Aurora from August ‎07, ‎2015

Purple sender copy.jpg

Likes davenn, berkeman, fresh_42 and 1 other person
Over here in the US, this is what is known as "Sicilian eggplant".
IMG_5520.JPG

Zz.

This was trickier than I thought- spent a lot of time 'balancing' the two color filters to get even illumination.

DSC_2243_zps2pgakbzk.jpg

(Edit: accidentally uploaded wrong photo first time...)

Attachments

• DSC_2243_zpsa7dgrapl.jpg
    DSC_2243_zpsa7dgrapl.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Likes AlexCaledin and davenn
Final day to submit your purple photos.

Zz.

I like people

b7jatc.jpg

Yummy yummy

What is the purpose of the "Purple People Eater" photo contest?

The "Purple People Eater" photo contest is a fun and creative way for people to showcase their photography skills and capture unique images of anything that is purple. This contest also serves as a platform for promoting awareness and appreciation of the color purple.

Who can participate in the "Purple People Eater" photo contest?

The contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography and has access to a camera or smartphone. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to submit their entries.

What are the rules for the "Purple People Eater" photo contest?

The rules for the contest may vary depending on the specific guidelines set by the organizer. However, some common rules include submitting original photos, only one entry per person, and following the theme of the contest (in this case, purple people eater).

How are the winners chosen in the "Purple People Eater" photo contest?

The winners are typically chosen by a panel of judges or through public voting. The judging criteria may include creativity, composition, and overall impact of the photo.

What are the prizes for the winners of the "Purple People Eater" photo contest?

The prizes may also vary depending on the organizer, but they can range from cash prizes, photography equipment, or even a feature in a photography magazine or website. Some contests may also have different categories with separate prizes for each winner.