PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something fishy (sept 6-12)

In summary: I have seen this picture, but I am not sure if you have used it for contest or just in the photography thread.I know I have posted it in another thread not as an entry, but I shall check back through the old contests to be sure.This is pretty fishy, it is an Abalone, taken at the Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport Or. Summer of 05
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Something fishy

Interpret as you will

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
am i allowed to enter a photo of myself (it was taken more than a year ago)? :blushing:

You will need approval of the subject.

HPIM1324a.jpg

This is pretty fishy, it is an Abalone, taken at the Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport Or. Summer of 05

tiny-tim said:
am i allowed to enter a photo of myself (it was taken more than a year ago)? :blushing:
I've said interpret the theme as you will, so I guess its down to you whether or not it's relevant. When it was taken isn't important as long as it was taken by you :smile:

Integral said:
HPIM1324a.jpg

This is pretty fishy, it is an Abalone, taken at the Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport Or. Summer of 05

Cool! I've never seen one of those alive before

2561853619_4fdc4ee7cb_b.jpg

matthyaouw said:
2561853619_4fdc4ee7cb_b.jpg

I think I have seen this picture, but I am not sure if you have used it for contest or just in the photography thread.

I know I have posted it in another thread not as an entry, but I shall check back through the old contests to be sure.

marcin_fishy.jpg

Didn't manage to find that pic in another thread so I think I'm in the clear :)

Voting starts in a few hours. Get your entries in.

2my97j6.jpg

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5951/img3705ev.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pic, but I'm afraid you're too late. Voting started yesterday night.

jobyts said:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5951/img3705ev.jpg [Broken]
[/URL]

Very, very cool shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the theme of the PF Photo Contest for September 6-12?

The theme of the PF Photo Contest for September 6-12 is "Something fishy." This means that all submitted photos should feature some aspect of fish or the underwater world.

2. Who can participate in the PF Photo Contest?

Anyone can participate in the PF Photo Contest, as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the contest organizers. This includes submitting original photos and adhering to the theme of the contest.

3. Can I submit more than one photo for the PF Photo Contest?

Yes, each participant can submit up to three photos for the PF Photo Contest. However, each photo must be unique and cannot be a duplicate of another submission.

4. How are the winners chosen for the PF Photo Contest?

The winners of the PF Photo Contest are chosen by a panel of judges who will evaluate all the submitted photos based on creativity, composition, and adherence to the theme. The judges' decision is final and cannot be appealed.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the PF Photo Contest?

The prizes for the winners of the PF Photo Contest may vary, but they often include recognition and exposure for their winning photo, as well as potential prizes from the contest sponsors. The exact prizes will be announced by the contest organizers before or after the submission deadline.