Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF PHOTO CONTEST - Water Works (2/23-2/29)

1. Feb 23, 2008 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Water Works

This week, your picture must contain water as the main subject. This can be out of a tap, in a glass, in a river, in lakes, or coming down from the sky. It is water, water, everywhere!

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2008 #2
    English Canals

[​IMG]

4. Feb 23, 2008 #3
    Warm Wonderful Water

[​IMG]

5. Feb 23, 2008 #4
    Benton Falls

[​IMG]

6. Feb 25, 2008 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

[​IMG]

Zz.

7. Feb 25, 2008 #6
    Hey Zapper, I ve cropped your photo and I found it kind of cool.

[​IMG]

I thought that the emphasis is more on the stream of water and you can see the scattering and reflecting of light below the stream of water and it looked really good!... at least to me HAH!

8. Feb 25, 2008 #7
    water color

Myth debunked. No coins in the mud.

[​IMG]

9. Feb 25, 2008 #8
    [​IMG]
    The Stratford tunnel UK

10. Feb 25, 2008 #9
    Dammit! You guys/gals are too good!

11. Feb 25, 2008 #10
    awww put your photo back! I really enjoyed it. I love the canal boats.

12. Feb 25, 2008 #11
    Actually...where has my photo gone???

13. Feb 25, 2008 #12
    Hold on lets try this

[​IMG]

14. Feb 25, 2008 #13
    Why isnt it showing uppp????

15. Feb 25, 2008 #14

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Imageshack can be flaky. Just give it a day or so. It's not as if the polling is going to start soon. If it still doesnt' show up, upload your picture again and re-link it here.

Zz.

16. Feb 25, 2008 #15
    Thanks =]

17. Feb 26, 2008 #16
  18. Feb 28, 2008 #17

RonL

Gold Member

Daybreak over Natchez.jpg
    Daybreak over Natchez

Still can not get a picture to show up?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  19. Feb 29, 2008 #18

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Please read the rules in the first post. You cannot use the attachment. Rather, upload your picture to one of the picture hosting website, and use the IMG tags to display your picture here.

Zz.

20. Feb 29, 2008 #19

matthyaouw

Gold Member

21. Feb 29, 2008 #20

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Wow!!!!! That is stunning! Where did you take the photo?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?