PG in Geology/Meteorology After UG in Physics: Options & Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter sivaswetha
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Options Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
sivaswetha
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Can I get a pg in geology or meteorology after ug in physics?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would think you could as both utilize physics but perhaps not as much as what you've studied. There may be a couple of courses needed to get you prepped for the advanced degree in the specific field but I think that is a rare case as grad school tends to cover the material again but in greater detail.

However, it's best to check with the graduate schools that you plan to apply to be absolutely sure.
 
Yes, visit the web sites of some graduate schools and study their requirements for admission to the programs that you might be interested in.