Pharma Patent Attorney: PhD Needed? Masters in Pharmacology, 2 Yrs Industry Exp

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Janvi
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have a thesis Masters in Pharmacology (4 publications) with 2 years of industry experience ( Pfizer ). I am planning to get a JD degree. I read everywhere that a phd is needed for practicing as a patent attorney in biology field. Would I be marketable without a phd, considering my background? I don't want to invest all the time and money in JD if phd is what is needed.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
OK, so you already have good qualifications in the relevant science, experience in industry, and aim to obtain qualifications in law as well.
I think that should be marketable alright, but remember it's your turn to put the coffee machine on sometimes too.