Photo Contest - Happy (7/21-7/27)

In summary, the photo contest has a theme of "Happy" and is looking for photos that capture moments of joy, positivity, and happiness. Anyone can participate, including amateur and professional photographers of all ages, as long as they follow the rules and guidelines. Each participant can submit up to 3 unique photos. The deadline for submissions is July 27th and the winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The judges' decision is final and cannot be contested.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Happy

This week's theme should be very easy. Post a photo that makes YOU happy.

Note that this is not a photo on "happiness", i.e. the photo need not convey the sense of happiness. Rather, this is a highly-personal reaction of happiness from you when you look at the photo that you submit.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
My son, several years ago
upload_2018-7-21_18-39-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-21_18-39-17.png
    upload_2018-7-21_18-39-17.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 496
Likes Rubidium_71, DennisN, OmCheeto and 6 others
Oreo - Pic3.JPG
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/228236

Attachments

• Oreo - Pic3.JPG
    Oreo - Pic3.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 486
Likes berkeman, Bystander, AlexCaledin and 1 other person
This wonderful gal of mine :smile:

2013_07_13_0105sm.jpg

Attachments

• 2013_07_13_0105sm.jpg
    2013_07_13_0105sm.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 433
Likes berkeman, LLD1231, fresh_42 and 1 other person
b5f4d691_o.jpg

Attachments

• b5f4d691_o.jpg
    b5f4d691_o.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 465
Likes Lisa!, berkeman, LLD1231 and 3 others
fresh_42 said:
View attachment 228245

Same thought. Years ago.

Not knowing who people are in the photo, I want to confirm with you that YOU took this photo, correct?

Zz

ZapperZ said:
Not knowing who people are in the photo, I want to confirm with you that YOU took this photo, correct?

Zz
Mama took the photo. My jacket is the same as on my avatar.

fresh_42 said:
Mama took the photo. My jacket is the same as on my avatar.

Then, unfortunately, the photo does not qualify, per our standard rules.

As a reminder to all participants, the photo contest is of photos that you took, not taken by someone else.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Then, unfortunately, the photo does not qualify, per our standard rules.

As a reminder to all participants, the photo contest is of photos that you took, not taken by someone else.

Zz.
Shall I remove it and the discussion it caused?

fresh_42 said:
Shall I remove it and the discussion it caused?

Yes, but only the post with the photo, because I don't want to get confused later on when I make the polling thread. The rest of the discussion should stay just as a reminder of our contest rules.

Zz.

upload_2018-7-23_15-21-39.png

Seaviews, Gulf of Thailand , Jomtien beach

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-23_15-21-39.png
    upload_2018-7-23_15-21-39.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 459
Likes Rubidium_71, kuruman, davenn and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
Mama took the photo.
Quick! She needs to join the PF! :smile:

Likes BillTre and Borg
Was there ever any doubt?

IMG_3520.JPG

Zz.

Attachments

• IMG_3520.JPG
    IMG_3520.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 372
Likes jtbell, davenn, AlexCaledin and 2 others
marzena_happy.jpg

Attachments

• marzena_happy.jpg
    marzena_happy.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 354
Likes jtbell, DennisN, Lisa! and 5 others
I was trying to take a scenic picture in Hawaii when my better half decided to improve the picture.

SillyGirl.JPG

Attachments

• SillyGirl.JPG
    SillyGirl.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 370
Likes OmCheeto, LLD1231, AlexCaledin and 1 other person
Family camping in Modoc National Forest many years ago (when the kids were about 10-12 years old). The memories always make me smile :biggrin:

Modoc Family Camp.jpg

Attachments

• Modoc Family Camp.jpg
    Modoc Family Camp.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 380
Likes AlexCaledin, Borg, davenn and 4 others
happiness.jpg

Attachments

• happiness.jpg
    happiness.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 372
Likes epenguin, AlexCaledin, davenn and 1 other person
On my morning walks, almost all the neighborhood cats either ignore me or run away from me. This is the only one that comes out to the street to greet me, so I'm always happy to see it!

happy.jpg

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 360
Likes AlexCaledin, Marzena, Borg and 2 others
Colors around me, in this case green kitchen soap,cooking oil and colored water mixed together, makes me happy :)

PF-Science in the Kitchen.jpg

Attachments

• PF-Science in the Kitchen.jpg
    PF-Science in the Kitchen.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 314
Likes davenn, jtbell, Wrichik Basu and 3 others
I hope nobody tries to use that stuff for salad dressing! ?:)

(thinking of those kids who eat laundry-detergent pods)

Likes AlexCaledin and LLD1231
Final day to post a photo that makes you happy.

Zz.

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "Happy". We are looking for photos that capture moments of joy, positivity, and happiness.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

Anyone can participate in the photo contest as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the contest organizers. This includes amateur and professional photographers of all ages.

3. How many photos can I submit for the contest?

You can submit up to 3 photos for the contest. However, each photo must be unique and cannot be a duplicate or variation of the same image.

4. When is the deadline for submitting photos?

The deadline for submitting photos is July 27th. Any submissions after this date will not be considered for the contest.

5. How will the winner be chosen?

The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on the criteria of creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested.