Physics course intensity: QM vs Sussex vs Leicester

  • Thread starter Thread starter The PAQI Monsta
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Perspective
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
The PAQI Monsta
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I have offers from Queen Mary London, Sussex and Leicester, but I think I'm leaning slightly towards Queen Mary.

In terms of intensity, it seems Leicester is the most intense then QM then Sussex, based on the number of modules in each year. Is this something worth taking into account and how much did course content influence your decision when choosing an institute?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The PAQI Monsta said:
I have offers from Queen Mary London, Sussex and Leicester, but I think I'm leaning slightly towards Queen Mary.

In terms of intensity, it seems Leicester is the most intense then QM then Sussex, based on the number of modules in each year. Is this something worth taking into account and how much did course content influence your decision when choosing an institute?

Did you not consider this when you first decided what universities you would apply to, and rank them in order of preference at that stage?

jedishrfu said:
Can you tell us more about what you plan to major in? and how far you plan to go like MS or PhD...

This is the UK. If they applied to study physics then they will study physics and nothing else.
 
jedishrfu said:
Thanks for the UK differences. I just didn't see where the OP said he was majoring in Physics.
Yes I'm majoring in physics, I intend to go up to MS.
pasmith said:
Did you not consider this when you first decided what universities you would apply to, and rank them in order of preference at that stage?
I already have my grades. I'm actually changing uni and course, and I had to apply late because of this, so my options were limited. Only about half of UK unis offer physics, and I could really only consider 3/4 of those unis(because of my grades) some of which weren't accepting anymore, so I knew pretty soon where I'd be applying.