Playboy founder Hugh Hefner dumped at the altar

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Playboy founder Hugh Hefner said his wedding this weekend has been canceled because his 25-year-old fiance, a Playmate from his magazine, changed her mind. Hefner, 85, and Crystal Harris were due to tie the knot in front of more than 300 guests at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles on Saturday.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Wow, 2011 really is becoming a very strange year.

Playboy founder Hugh Hefner said on Tuesday his wedding this weekend has been canceled because his 25-year-old fiance, a Playmate from his magazine, changed her mind.

Hefner, 85, and Crystal Harris were due to tie the knot in front of more than 300 guests at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles on Saturday. It would have been Hefner's third marriage.

"The wedding is off. Crystal has had a change of heart," Hefner wrote on Twitter.

News of the split was first reported by TMZ, which said the couple had "a nasty argument" on the phone over the weekend and Harris moved out of the mansion.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110614/people_nm/us_hefner;_ylt=AjRnYJm.W99JtJYAqJyr6watOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTMzczZiMmwzBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTEwNjE0L3VzX2hlZm5lcgRjY29kZQN0b3BnbXB0b3AyMDBwb29sBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3BsYXlib3lmb3VuZA-- [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Could be cold feet. Or it could be a ploy to renegotiate the prenup.

Or maybe she had a moment of clarity and realized she must be out of her mind to marry a man sixty years older than she is, regardless of how rich and famous he is.

Or maybe the whole thing was a publicity stunt right from the start.

How hilarious, Harris hands Hugh Hefter heave-ho. Ha ha.

Jimmy Snyder said:
How hilarious, Harris hands Hugh Hefter heave-ho. Ha ha.
Highly hilarious harmless humor!

Bunny baby balks before bridal bliss??

Or without "e":

It is not hard for crystal to do this thing. It is obviously what crystal wants and I think it's a good call. As soon as Hugh has thought about it, truth will finally occur to him. Wow, this was quite hard. You should try typing this way.

no idea about e, but i can easily type without shift. actually, i have problems typing with shift, as it is not working properly.

but i just bought a new keyboard, hopefully it will work better.

SpringCreek said:
Or maybe the whole thing was a publicity stunt right from the start.
You may be right about the wedding plans. From the looks of it I would say they were fake.

arildno said:
Bunny baby balks before bridal bliss??
That's awesome!

Jimmy Snyder said:
You may be right about the wedding plans. From the looks of it I would say they were fake.
But publicity for whom? For her? Seems she'd get more when he died, but maybe she found out she wasn't in his will.

Evo said:
But publicity for whom? For her? Seems she'd get more when he died, but maybe she found out she wasn't in his will.
300 guests. You don't usually see such big ones.

The comments on this article are so great :) Thx Evo!
I love this one
That's sad after he wasted those two months getting to know her.
LOLOL

Even before the bust up, you could just about see the stitches coming apart at the seams.
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/hef_honey_plotted_altar_dump_cO7aX2aMwkvjYUlCyIFAQK" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
He took the best weeks of her life. Now she's too old to do anything but Clairol commercials.

I wonder how much money she's going to miss out on when he dies? The dude's 85, she couldn't have had too much longer to put up with him.

1. Who was Hugh Hefner?

Hugh Hefner was the founder of Playboy magazine, a popular men's lifestyle and entertainment publication that was first published in 1953. Hefner was known for his lavish lifestyle and playboy persona, and he became an icon in the entertainment industry.

2. What happened when Hugh Hefner was dumped at the altar?

In 2011, Hefner was set to marry his fiancée, Crystal Harris, at the Playboy Mansion. However, just days before the wedding, Harris called off the wedding and left Hefner at the altar. The news shocked the media and Hefner's fans, as the couple had been together for several years.

3. Why did Crystal Harris leave Hugh Hefner at the altar?

The exact reason for Harris's decision to call off the wedding is unknown. However, it was reported that she had doubts about their relationship and felt pressured to get married. Some sources also claimed that she was not happy with Hefner's lifestyle and age difference (Hefner was 60 years older than Harris).

4. Did Hugh Hefner ever get married after being dumped at the altar?

Yes, after being dumped at the altar by Harris, Hefner went on to marry another woman, Crystal Harris. The couple got married on New Year's Eve in 2012 at the Playboy Mansion. Hefner was 86 years old at the time, while Harris was 26.

5. What was the reaction to Hugh Hefner being dumped at the altar?

The news of Hefner being dumped at the altar received a lot of media attention and was a hot topic among his fans and the general public. Many people expressed shock and disappointment, while others criticized Hefner's lifestyle and questioned the authenticity of their relationship. Some also speculated that the whole thing was a publicity stunt. However, Hefner remained fairly private about the situation and never publicly commented on it.

Back