Should first ladies perform music or stay out of show business?

  • Thread starter Thread starter humanino
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
humanino
Messages
2,538
Reaction score
8
Would you like your first lady to play guitar and sing ?
Is there any reason to separate show-business and politics ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, it's all starting to melt together anyway...media, entertainment, government...all running under corporate control.
 
humanino is referring to (correct me if I'm wrong, h!) the French First Lady. She's releasing a music CD.

Isn't Laura Bush due to release a Polka album?
 
lisab said:
humanino is referring to (correct me if I'm wrong, h!) the French First Lady. She's releasing a music CD.

OH! I was wondering what he was talking about. That sounds fun. Why not? Afterall, the first lady shouldn't have to give up having a life just because she's married to the person running the country.
 
lisab said:
humanino is referring to (correct me if I'm wrong, h!) the French First Lady. She's releasing a music CD.
Yes, even though I still can not really believe it. It's like making a soup with a strawberry cone and a turnip. You don't expect it to work. But they are happy together, and she is releasing yet another album. It's not that the music is really bad, or that it's good nobody thinks about G8 and China, it just seems an odd association.
 
Moonbear said:
the first lady shouldn't have to give up having a life just because she's married to the person running the country.
They are really good at it. She is introduced very very slowly, like only saying one more word per month and sitting 3 inches closer (around 10 cm), and I must admit, the timing is quite convenient for a new album now. But maybe the timing would have been convenient any other time, which raises even more thoughts in my sick head.
 
You guys have one hot first lady. Back her prime, me-oww.

CarlaBruni.jpg


Mwah, lovely.
 
Damn! Damn you Europeans! You've got it soo much better. The babes, the education, the history, the culture!
 
We had a President who starred in Bedtime for Bonzo. Let's see the French top that!