Problem with Moritz (3D viewer of MCNPX)

• Thread starter ThibautVincho
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mcnpx
In summary, there seems to be an issue with running the program Moritz on a given PC, where it works on other PCs. The program appears to be running in the task manager, but the GUI does not open. It may be related to the PC's operating system or compatibility mode. The program is no longer supported by the company and may require a dongle. It runs on one colleague's account on the same PC, suggesting the issue may be related to individual PC settings rather than user permissions.
ThibautVincho
Hello everyone!
We get Problem to run Moritz on a given PC when its works on others PCs
What could be the solution

in fact , we can see the exe running in the taskmanager but not GUI is opened..
Thanks in advance for help
Thibaut

Engineering news on Phys.org
in addition, note that, with the click on the same exe on another PC, Moritz opens and works
And that moritz did work on the same PC until it was launched from a VPN session
Regards
Thibaut

Moritz is/was a two thousand dollar proprietary program, and it looks like the company website vanished 4 years ago. I've never used it, so I'm going to be of extremely limited help. You used the term 'exe' so I'm assuming you are in windows. Are you in too new a version of windows? X last had a version in 2011, so I'm guessing you are using a program that is at least 10 years old. Are you running under compatibility mode? Does the program need a dongle of any kind?

This program is working on my PC whose OS is Windows 10 Enterprise but not the PC of my colleagues facing the Pb
in addition if the same exe is launched by my collegue on my PC with his account , it is also running
Its seems then PC related and not a question of rights

The solution is in fact very simple:
launch moritz then ask for task manager /select Moritz and choose ( Agrandir ( Resize?) in the contextual menu
Regards
Thibaut VINCHON

• Informative
Likes Alex A

What is Moritz and how does it relate to MCNPX?

Moritz is a 3D visualization tool specifically designed to work with MCNPX, which is a Monte Carlo simulation software used for neutron, photon, electron, or coupled particle transport. Moritz helps users visualize the geometric and material inputs and outputs from MCNPX simulations, making it easier to understand and analyze the complex interactions modeled in the software.

How can I install Moritz for use with MCNPX?

To install Moritz, you typically need to ensure that you have a compatible version of MCNPX installed on your computer, as Moritz acts as an add-on. The installation process involves downloading the Moritz software package from a reliable source and following the provided installation instructions. It's important to check for any specific system requirements and dependencies that may be needed for Moritz to function properly with MCNPX.

What file formats does Moritz support?

Moritz primarily supports the MCNPX input and output formats. It can read the geometry and materials data directly from MCNPX input files (.inp) and can also visualize results from MCNPX output files. This integration allows users to seamlessly transition between simulation and visualization phases.

How do I troubleshoot issues when Moritz does not display my MCNPX simulation correctly?

If Moritz does not correctly display your MCNPX simulation data, first ensure that the input file is correctly formatted and free of errors. Check for common issues like syntax errors or unsupported features in the MCNPX input file. Additionally, verify that all file paths are correctly specified and that Moritz has the necessary permissions to access these files. If problems persist, consulting the documentation for both Moritz and MCNPX or seeking help from user forums may provide a solution.

Are there any alternatives to Moritz for visualizing MCNPX data?

Yes, there are several other visualization tools available that can handle MCNPX data. Tools such as VisIt, ParaView, and Vised are popular alternatives that also support a range of other data formats and offer advanced visualization capabilities. These tools might require additional setup or conversion steps but can provide more flexibility and features depending on your specific needs.