1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Read Electrodynamics by Fulvio Melia?

1. Jul 18, 2009 #1
    Has anybody read https://www.amazon.com/Electrodynam...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247968838&sr=8-1"? Why isn't it used as an alternative to Jackson's book? The only thing that is missing is that it doesn't contain problem sets (from what an Amazon reviewer mentioned), but that can be overcome by using problems from other sources. It just seems that Griffiths' book is a great introduction, and then students are stuck with Jackson as their next choice, which I've heard is outdated and not enjoyed very much.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2009 #2

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: Electrodynamics

So instead of buying one book that has problems and text, we buy two, one for problems and one for text?

What makes this book so much better than Jackson that it justifies having to buy two separate books/sources for one class?

4. Jul 18, 2009 #3
    Re: Electrodynamics

Nobody said you had to buy two books, as the professor could provide the problems either themselves or directly from the other books. I don't know what makes it better, hence the question. I haven't read either of Jackson or Melia, which I think is very clear by the tone of my post.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook