Recent Winter Storm: Pictures of Lake Tahoe Area

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Storm
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Dembadon
Gold Member
Messages
660
Reaction score
88
Here are a few pictures showing what the most recent storm did to the western area of Lake Tahoe:

Below is a picture of the county-maintained road leading to my father's house.
homewood-4.jpg


The next two are of the private road on which he lives.
homewood-3.jpg

homewood-2.jpg


This is a picture of the front of his house.
homewood-1.jpg
I grew-up one street down from his road. Haven't had a winter like this since the mid-to-late 80's.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I grew up in that area (Quincy). I remember *huge* storms dumping 1 to 2 feet of snow, but nothing like that - that's an astounding amount of snow! I hope there haven't been any roof collapses.
 
lisab said:
[...] I hope there haven't been any roof collapses.

That's precisely his concern with the garage in the back. The load has already buckled part of the structure on the right side, and his efforts to remove the snow from the roof have either been too difficult or too dangerous.
 
Good grief! That's worse than what I used to get from the lake effect snow in upstate NY. I don't think our snowbanks were ever higher than 6-7 feet. That's scary.