1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recovering from a bad physics midterm test.

1. Oct 4, 2011 #1
    I probably got a C on my test and are feeling really down. I ran out of time. If I had more time, I would have likely done much better. I understood all the concepts, did countless practice problems, but took my time on some questions rather than speeding through them and pacing myself accordingly. Anyone care to share their experiences with recovering from a bad first test in a physics class (preferably freshman physics class)?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2011 #2
    I've had a bad first test too. How many questions were on the test?

4. Oct 4, 2011 #3
    About 15 questions. Problem is, this test would account for 15% of the total mark and it was pretty easy (just kinematics and error analysis).

5. Oct 4, 2011 #4
    Sounds like you already figured it out, you need to pace yourself correctly. Good luck next exam!

6. Oct 5, 2011 #5
    So if you got a worst-case-scenario "C" (a 70) then you only lost 4.5 points from your total final grade. That isn't so bad. You can still pull off an A.

7. Oct 5, 2011 #6
    Usually I make several passes through the test not finishing most of the problems. I finish most of what I can, therefore I have at least done most of the problems and then finish off the rest of each problem. I get less stuck this way, maybe because of subconscious thought.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook