Salary Calculations in Austria: Gross to Net Calculator Info

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rajini
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Rajini
Messages
619
Reaction score
4
Hello All,
I am interested to know information on salary calculations in Austria. Are there any gross to net calculator? How much one can receive in hand (i.e. after tax/all deductions)? Suppose if the gross salary is 3500 euro, how much one will receive in hand? We are a small family (I, my wife and 1.5 yrs old baby) and I am the sole breadwinner.
Thanks for your reply.
Cheers, Rajini
 
Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.bruttonettorechner.at/

Whether this is sufficient or not depends mainly on where in Austria. E.g. living in Vienna is likely more expensive than in a village in the Steiermark. And I wouldn't take the number you receive from this calculator too seriously as there are probably other factors which influence the total sum (see the details under "+ weitere Zusatzangaben einblenden").
 
Hello fresh_42:
Thanks! That is why I mentioned about my family.
Not in Vienna. I mean living in St. Pölten.
Cheers, Rajini.
PS: From that calculator for 3500 euros it gives 2262.22 per month, 13. Bezug is 2763.95 Euro, and 14 Bezug is 2726 Euro. So one will receive 2262 per month and these two 'Bezugs' one time a year??
 
Rajini said:
13. Bezug is 2763.95 Euro, and 14 Bezug is 2726 Euro. So one will receive 2262 per month and these two 'Bezugs' one time a year
Yes, but they depend on your contract, and are not automatically added. You haven't added your child either, which might also make a difference.

If you want to find more about living costs, then the terminus technicus is "Lebenshaltungskosten".