SciFi movie(s) body count, who's the biggest killer(s)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Noisy Rhysling
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Body Count Scifi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 2K views
Noisy Rhysling
Messages
999
Reaction score
345
Star Wars has destroyed six planets full of people, and the city of Jedah. Anyone with a higher body count?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AidenFlamel
Physics news on Phys.org
IIRC, somewhere in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy, they destroy every copy of the Earth in all parallel universes, which would be an infinite death toll :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AidenFlamel and Borg
DrClaude said:
IIRC, somewhere in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy, they destroy every copy of the Earth in all parallel universes, which would be an infinite death toll :wink:

You're correct... well then. You put an end to this thread very quickly!

I guess we are seeking death counts of finite order only...

-Dave K
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AidenFlamel
I did say "movies" somewhere along there, but the other information is interesting.
 
Noisy Rhysling said:
I did say "movies" somewhere along there, but the other information is interesting.

True, you did. There was a Hitchhiker's guide movie, but I don't think it included this information.
 
dkotschessaa said:
True, you did. There was a Hitchhiker's guide movie, but I don't think it included this information.
Not that I'm aware of. I have a copy of the movie here.
 
Not true in K-PAX the advice given had to do with the universe unfolding again.

Prot: I want to tell you something Mark, something you do not yet know, that we K-PAXians have been around long enough to have discovered. The universe will expand, then it will collapse back on itself, then will expand again. It will repeat this process forever. What you don't you know is that when the universe expands again, everything will be as it is now. Whatever mistakes you make this time around, you will live through on your next pass. Every mistake you make, you will live through again, & again, forever. So my advice to you is to get it right this time around. Because this time is all you have.
 
But the universe wasn't destroyed in that movie, right?
 
mfb said:
Ah, movies, right.

It would surprise me if there is no movie where the whole universe is destroyed.

Again, not a movie, but this appears to happen in Dr. Who every so often. Or most of it gets destroyed, then saved again by the doctahhh.
 
mfb said:
In the Halo universe, all sentient life in the galaxy is destroyed, and it was very common in this universe.

Similar to the "Mass Effect" trilogy, in which the threat is that the Reapers periodically emerge to destroy all sentient life in the Galaxy. They themselves live outside the Galaxy, dormant until life has advanced too far for their liking: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper
 
Not a movie, a TV show. Lexx, they destroyed countless planets and civilizations and also the Light Universe.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rubidium_71
Well, after they killed his wife, one Douwd destroyed the Husnock... all of them... everywhere — over 50 billion.
Noisy Rhysling said:
Not a movie...
No, sorry about that... the 51st episode of TNG.
 
In doctor who series, it's stated that the army once eradicate the enitre galaxy/galaxy cluster(?) I don't remember. Consisting of 50 billion trillion sentient life, in order to make the cybermen go extinct. They are still not extinct tho lmao