Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SciFi movie(s) body count, who's the biggest killer(s)?

1. Mar 20, 2017 #1
    Star Wars has destroyed six planets full of people, and the city of Jedah. Anyone with a higher body count?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2017 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

IIRC, somewhere in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy, they destroy every copy of the Earth in all parallel universes, which would be an infinite death toll :wink:

4. Mar 21, 2017 #3
    You're correct... well then. You put an end to this thread very quickly!

I guess we are seeking death counts of finite order only...

-Dave K

5. Mar 21, 2017 #4

mfb

2016 Award

6. Mar 21, 2017 #5
    I did say "movies" somewhere along there, but the other information is interesting.

7. Mar 21, 2017 #6
    True, you did. There was a Hitchhiker's guide movie, but I don't think it included this information.

8. Mar 21, 2017 #7
    Not that I'm aware of. I have a copy of the movie here.

9. Mar 21, 2017 #8

mfb

2016 Award

Ah, movies, right.

It would surprise me if there is no movie where the whole universe is destroyed.

10. Mar 21, 2017 #9

jedishrfu

Not true in K-PAX the advice given had to do with the universe unfolding again.

11. Mar 21, 2017 #10
    But the universe wasn't destroyed in that movie, right?

12. Mar 21, 2017 #11
    Again, not a movie, but this appears to happen in Dr. Who every so often. Or most of it gets destroyed, then saved again by the doctahhh.

13. Mar 21, 2017 #12
    Similar to the "Mass Effect" trilogy, in which the threat is that the Reapers periodically emerge to destroy all sentient life in the Galaxy. They themselves live outside the Galaxy, dormant until life has advanced too far for their liking: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper

14. Mar 21, 2017 #13

Evo

Not a movie, a TV show. Lexx, they destroyed countless planets and civilizations and also the Light Universe.

15. Mar 21, 2017 #14
    Not a movie, yes.

16. Mar 21, 2017 #15

OCR

Well, after they killed his wife, one Douwd destroyed the Husnock... all of them... everywhere — over 50 billion.
    No, sorry about that... the 51st episode of TNG.

17. Apr 1, 2017 #16
    In doctor who series, it's stated that the army once eradicate the enitre galaxy/galaxy cluster(?) I dont remember. Consisting of 50 billion trillion sentient life, in order to make the cybermen go extinct. They are still not extinct tho lmao

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted