Self-studying special relativity with Resnick and A.P. French books

  • Topic: Studying 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Pushoam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Self Sr Studying
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Pushoam
Messages
961
Reaction score
53
I am self -studying SR with Books written by Resnick and A.P.French.

Is that o.k. or should I take some another book?

I am asking this because there are no. of books suggested on
P.F., but these suggestions don't include Resnick and A.P.French.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You should strive to use the most recent books as our understanding changes over time. French is circa 1968 and Resnick is also 1968.

Have you looked at the books on http://www.lightandmatter.com by Benjamin Crowell?

He has a good introduction to SR that might fit your needs as a primary or supplementary reading. Multiple books make your self study more robust.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Pushoam