Short term training in Europe/Asia for electrical engineers

In summary: I have not found any specific short term training programs in Europe or Asia that are specifically for electrical engineers. I have found a few programs that are general training programs that may be applicable to electrical engineers. I am not sure if the languages spoken are important for this type of training.
bineyame
Hello Friends!

Which company do you recommend for a solid hands on short term training(1-5 weeks) in Europe/Asia for electrical engineers?

I wish to get a solid training in one of the following areas:
1- Industrial control system and automation
2- Building installation (data + power)
3- Biomedical equipment maintenance and commissioning
My background: Studied Electrical engineering + Computer Science and work in telecom

Physics news on Phys.org
bineyame said:
Hello Friends!

Which company do you recommend for a solid hands on short term training(1-5 weeks) in Europe/Asia for electrical engineers?

I wish to get a solid training in one of the following areas:
1- Industrial control system and automation
2- Building installation (data + power)
3- Biomedical equipment maintenance and commissioning
My background: Studied Electrical engineering + Computer Science and work in telecom
Can you give us a list of the companies offering this training that you have found so far? I'm not familar with such training, beyond IT training and certification.

Also, what languages do you speak? Taking a training class in Asia would not seem to be a good match unless you speak fluent Japanese and/or Chinese...

Hi @berkeman
Thank you for your reply. I have been searching and really need guidance on this ,here are a couple i have found so far
> Siemens
>ISA
In Software, there are intensive bootcamps on specific technology areas and I wanted to see if there are similar programs in the areas i mentioned. My ultimate plan is to set up a company with specialized service in some of the above areas. I do not speak other languages and I mentioned Asia assuming some sort of international program in English.

Here in the UK I think it takes at least 6 months to become a basic qualified Electrician and I think extra courses would be required to learn how to install data networks.

Google City and Guilds 2365

1. What type of electrical engineering training programs are available in Europe/Asia?

There are a variety of short term training programs available for electrical engineers in Europe and Asia. These can range from specialized courses in areas such as power systems, renewable energy, or telecommunications, to more general programs focusing on engineering principles and techniques. It is important to research and determine which program aligns with your specific interests and goals.

2. How long do these training programs typically last?

The duration of short term training programs in Europe/Asia for electrical engineers can vary from a few weeks to several months. It ultimately depends on the specific program and its curriculum. Some programs may be more intensive and last a shorter amount of time, while others may have a longer duration to allow for more in-depth learning and hands-on experience.

3. What qualifications are needed to apply for these training programs?

The qualifications required to apply for short term training programs in Europe/Asia for electrical engineers may vary depending on the program. However, most programs require applicants to have a degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Some programs may also have specific requirements such as a minimum GPA or relevant work experience. It is important to carefully review the program requirements before applying.

4. Are these training programs recognized internationally?

Many short term training programs in Europe/Asia for electrical engineers are recognized internationally. However, it is important to research and confirm the program's accreditation and recognition before enrolling. This information can usually be found on the program's website or by contacting the program directly.

5. What are the potential benefits of participating in these training programs?

Participating in short term training programs in Europe/Asia for electrical engineers can have several potential benefits. These may include gaining new skills and knowledge, networking with professionals in the field, experiencing different cultures, and enhancing your resume and career opportunities. Additionally, these programs can provide valuable international experience, which is becoming increasingly important in today's globalized job market.