Standing at the intersection of Jury St, Banbury Rd, and River Avon

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 4K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
I have jury st in front of me
I have banbury Rd to my right
I have the river avon behind me.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
brewnog said:
No, he's in Warwick.

By the Court Houses?

good guess Brewnog

anyone want to try a (where am i) ?
 
Woo!

Do we actually have to be there? I tend to be sitting at my computer when I'm online...
 
brewnog said:
Woo!

Do we actually have to be there? I tend to be sitting at my computer when I'm online...
No as long as you have reference points.
 
Someone should pretend to be Enigma's jump-drive. That way when he figures out where you are, he'll have found it. :approve:
 
It's mine.

Ok, I'm facing north. To my immediate right is a small shed with burnt doors covered in black tar, with thick black smoke billowing out of the gaps in the door. There's no need to call the fire brigade. Straight ahead of me is the sea, although it's quite a way beneath me. To my left is a harbour, again, far below, with the mouth of the river it's on exiting into the sea in a northerly direction. To my right, on the top of the hill I'm on, is an old ruin, I believe it's an Abbey. In the distance, I can hear the beeping of the siren warning that the swing bridge is about to open.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a kipper shed, think , think
 
wolram said:
Sounds like a kipper shed, think , think

Wolram, 1 point!
 
Whitby? Message to short, i am a man of few words sod of.
 
wolram said:
Whitby? Message to short, i am a man of few words sod of.


Wolram wins!
 
brewnog said:
Wolram wins!

I am in no state to pose a question, so i throw down the gauntlet.
 
I am aloft, with sand at my back, animals to my front, a castle to my left, a
big dipper to my right.
 
brewnog said:
Blackpool, on the big one!

Correct.

:smile:
 
wolram said:
anyone want to try a (where am i) ?

I played it yesterday. Gave the the taxi company 3 clear points of reference, and they still didn't find me. I suppose i won...
 
matthyaouw said:
I played it yesterday. Gave the the taxi company 3 clear points of reference, and they still didn't find me. I suppose i won...

Poor you, maybe the call went through a call center in india, and the message
was misinterpreted :biggrin: