1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Starting 2 calculus classes without background in calculus

1. Jul 13, 2017 #1
    I started studying calculus last week and in 2 weeks I start my double degree in: Science (Physics) / Engineering (Honours)

My 4 classes will be:
    FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICS B

MATHEMATICS 2: SERIES AND INTEGRAL CALCULUS

ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS

ENGINEERING COMPUTING AND ANALYSIS

So, what tips do you have for me? Study habits/times/techniques?

Also, a bit out of context but today i was prescribed Ritalin for 'ADHD-PI', aka ADD. I remember a teacher once told me it makes people zombies and it affects the development of growing brains (im 18 and brains grows until 23-25) So I was just wondering if this is true and if anyone has any experience in taking the medication.

Thank you in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2017 #2

scottdave

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Usually I don't see students taking 4 technical classes (Math/Science/Engineering) at the same time, at least at the start of a college career. Perhaps it's totally doable for you. But most people, who I've seen, would take an English or History or an elective along with 3 technical classes.

You may want to speak with your doctor and pharmacist about the potential effects of Ritalin on you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted