• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Studying Starting 2 calculus classes without background in calculus

• Thread starter victorhugo
  • Start date
I started studying calculus last week and in 2 weeks I start my double degree in: Science (Physics) / Engineering (Honours)

My 4 classes will be:
FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICS B

MATHEMATICS 2: SERIES AND INTEGRAL CALCULUS

ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS

ENGINEERING COMPUTING AND ANALYSIS

So, what tips do you have for me? Study habits/times/techniques?

Also, a bit out of context but today i was prescribed Ritalin for 'ADHD-PI', aka ADD. I remember a teacher once told me it makes people zombies and it affects the development of growing brains (im 18 and brains grows until 23-25) So I was just wondering if this is true and if anyone has any experience in taking the medication.

Thank you in advance

scottdave

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Usually I don't see students taking 4 technical classes (Math/Science/Engineering) at the same time, at least at the start of a college career. Perhaps it's totally doable for you. But most people, who I've seen, would take an English or History or an elective along with 3 technical classes.

You may want to speak with your doctor and pharmacist about the potential effects of Ritalin on you.