Take Physics C without passing B

In summary, it is possible to take Physics C without passing Physics B, but it is recommended to have a strong foundation in Physics B before moving on to Physics C. It may be more challenging to take Physics C without passing Physics B, so it is important to have a solid understanding of the fundamentals. While you may face some challenges, it is still possible to be successful in Physics C with hard work and dedication. It is also possible to take both Physics B and Physics C at the same time, but it is important to consider the workload. Taking Physics C without passing Physics B may be noticed by colleges, but if you perform well and have a strong understanding of the material, it may not negatively impact your college applications. It is important
Dng1233
Hi,
I will concurrently attend high school and take Calculus 1 and 2 Honor in community college next year. I know that Physics C is calculus-based course and I have already known it. I'm major in Engineer and want to know if I could skip Physics B and move to C instead. I hear that Physics B is for non-major and also worthless when I move to college. I need everyone's advice about taking Physics C and studying the topic that does not include in this course at the end of the year.
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

1. Can I take Physics C without passing Physics B?

Yes, you can take Physics C without passing Physics B. However, it is recommended that you have a strong foundation in Physics B before moving on to Physics C as it builds upon the concepts learned in Physics B.

2. Is it difficult to take Physics C without passing Physics B?

It can be more challenging to take Physics C without passing Physics B as it assumes prior knowledge and understanding of Physics B concepts. It is important to have a strong understanding of the fundamentals in order to succeed in Physics C.

3. Will I be at a disadvantage if I take Physics C without passing Physics B?

You may face some challenges if you take Physics C without passing Physics B. However, with dedication and hard work, you can still be successful in Physics C. It is important to seek extra help and review material from Physics B to fill in any knowledge gaps.

4. Can I take both Physics B and Physics C at the same time?

It is possible to take both Physics B and Physics C at the same time. However, it is important to consider the workload and make sure you have enough time to dedicate to both classes. It is also recommended to have a strong foundation in Physics B before taking Physics C.

5. Will taking Physics C without passing Physics B affect my college applications?

Colleges may look at your transcript and notice that you have not passed Physics B before taking Physics C. However, if you perform well in Physics C and have a strong understanding of the material, it may not negatively impact your college applications. It is important to communicate any extenuating circumstances to your college admissions counselor.