Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tell we how do you comprehend this specific word, please!

1. Jul 16, 2011 #1
    "De-boxing"

What does it mean? Is it a term used in tire manufacturing? Or it just means unpackaging, unwrapping, take something out of the box?

I need some help, it could also mean "think outside of the box" training, but the article I read has nothing to do with that but everything to do with tire, rubber industry.

Here is the example: it is paramount the temperature before de-boxing be stable at all time.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2011 #2
    There is no such word in the English language. All your guesses are reasonable. Nobody but you can figure this one out.

4. Jul 17, 2011 #3

I like Serena

Homework Helper

It seems to me that you already have quite the right idea.

I believe that in the example you mention, "de-boxing" is indeed "unpackaging".

5. Jul 17, 2011 #4
    A long time ago, I worked in the tire industry in the US, I did not run into the term "de-boxing". I suspect this is a term used in another country, or the result of translation from another language. Based on the example of usage, I'm going to suggest the meaning may relate to the process of removing a tire (or molded rubber item) from its mold following the curing process. The curing process is a carefully controlled temperature process, which to me seems to fit the example. Of course this is just a guess.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook