The Extended Soundtrack for Fellowship of the Ring

• Thread starter loseyourname
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ring
In summary, "The Extended Soundtrack for Fellowship of the Ring" is an extended version of the original soundtrack for the first movie in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, composed by Howard Shore. It includes over 30 minutes of additional music, including extended versions of existing tracks and completely new music. The extended soundtrack was released to give fans a more complete and immersive listening experience, showcasing Howard Shore's musical genius. Notable differences include the inclusion of the track "The Council of Elrond" and extended or alternate versions of tracks. The extended soundtrack can still be enjoyed without having seen the extended version of the movie, but it may contain spoilers for scenes not included in the theatrical release.
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Just came out, with every minute of music from the film on disc (three full hours of score). This is great. I have to go now. Gandalf just fell to the Balrog and I need a moment with the hobbits (for pity's sake!).

http://www.lordoftherings-soundtrack.com/

Physics news on Phys.org
We wantss it. It ith mine, MINE, MINE!

is that in high rez ?

Duzn't matter. We wantss it.

FAQ: The Extended Soundtrack for Fellowship of the Ring

1. What is "The Extended Soundtrack for Fellowship of the Ring"?

"The Extended Soundtrack for Fellowship of the Ring" is an extended version of the original soundtrack for the first movie in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, composed by Howard Shore. It includes additional music that was not featured in the theatrical release of the movie.

2. What is the difference between the original soundtrack and the extended soundtrack?

The extended soundtrack includes over 30 minutes of additional music that was not featured in the theatrical release of the movie. This includes extended versions of existing tracks, as well as completely new music.

3. Why was an extended soundtrack released for Fellowship of the Ring?

The extended soundtrack was released to give fans a more complete and immersive listening experience. It also allows fans to hear the full scope of Howard Shore's musical genius and the depth of his compositions for the movie.

4. Are there any notable differences in the extended soundtrack compared to the original?

Yes, there are several notable differences in the extended soundtrack. One of the most significant is the inclusion of the track "The Council of Elrond", which was not featured in the original soundtrack. Additionally, many of the tracks have extended or alternate versions with different musical arrangements.

5. Can I still listen to the extended soundtrack if I have not seen the extended version of the movie?

Yes, you can still listen to the extended soundtrack even if you have not seen the extended version of the movie. However, some of the tracks may contain spoilers for scenes that were not included in the theatrical release, so it is recommended to watch the extended version of the movie first.