Trevor Noah named new host of The Daily Show

  • Thread starter Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
OmCheeto
Gold Member
Messages
2,536
Reaction score
3,663
Phil Plait just tweeted a reference to the following:

Meet the New Host of the Daily Show

Trevor Noah.
South African comedian.
31 years old. (A millennial... ?:) :wink: I never said I didn't like them.)

​


Never heard of him before.
I approve.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
From what I've seen it might be a good match, but what made Jon Stewart so amazing was his versatility and perfect feel for when to be funny and when to be serious.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edward
Personally, I was really hoping it would be Tina Fey, but I knew that would be a stretch. But he's pretty good too.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto
Greg Bernhardt said:
From what I've seen it might be a good match, but what made Jon Stewart so amazing was his versatility and perfect feel for when to be funny and when to be serious.

I've watched a total of two videos of this Noah guy.

​


I have a feeling, that he's perfect for the job.
 
Big shoes to fill, I hope he is good.
 
jack476 said:
Personally, I was really hoping it would be Tina Fey, but I knew that would be a stretch. But he's pretty good too.
I haven't watch TV in about 6 years, so I'm not sure what Tina Fey is up to these days.
But 6 years ago, I'd have agreed with you, 100%.
She was killing me.

I was though, able to watch "30 Rock" online, until its demise. (grrrrrrr...)

In hindsight, her costars didn't drag the show down, too much. :oldwink:
 
I always though Norm McDonald was way underrated. He could have made a pretty good replacement. But he seems to be somewhere far out of the mainstream these days.
 
I don't like it. I have seen him a few times on the daily show and I haven't exactly liked his pieces.

Of course I haven't seen the guy in action yet as a main host, so I'll have to do that first. But I expect that I'll just stop watching the show. Good thing that there's always "Last week tonight" by John Oliver.
 
I preferred if the British guy was hosting it, but this guy seems funny too, going to wait and watch. I didn't find Jon Stewart to be a very good comedian anyway, sure he was on the Daily Show for many years and he has his reputation, but I found his comedy to be very basic.
 
OmCheeto said:
I've watched a total of two videos of this Noah guy.
...
I have a feeling, that he's perfect for the job.

I only give him 9.8 out of 10, as I have no idea who Michael Shrayhan, nor Killa Ripple are.

several googles later:
Ok. What was apparently said; "Michael Strahan and Kelly Ripa".
I still don't know who they are.
​

All in all though, my kind of comedy.

ps. For those of you, like me, who refuse to get a cable subscription until we can get one without supporting Fox News: Full Episode