Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Type your username into google and post the results

1. Apr 12, 2015 #1
    the top one from mine is my account on here.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2015 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is there any other place? Just sayin'

4. Apr 12, 2015 #3

nsaspook

Science Advisor

My username at a popular Ceramic tile forum is first. o0)

5. Apr 13, 2015 #4

Lisa!

Gold Member

LISA on steam was the 1st result!:olduhh:

6. Apr 13, 2015 #5
    fdg3sd2.jpg

That's great. Now I'm Painter. Physics Forums appears nowhere in the first page of results. :frown:

7. Apr 13, 2015 #6
    You'd have to dig very deep into the search results before anything related to me on this website started showing up.

8. Apr 13, 2015 #7

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

mine seems to be a pretty common username

nine down the list showed my home page listing .....

from that you will now understand how my username originated :wink:

14 down the list, my listing on this meteorite site .....

7 pages in listing on 2 other forums ...

gosh, how far in do I have to go to get my PF and EP forums listings that I am VERY active on ?????

Far out ! .... 20 pages in and no reference to my PF or EP activities but there are to several other forums, and like the meteorite one, not active for at least a year

There are also a few dubious sites that I swear I have nothing to do with hahahaha

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  9. Apr 14, 2015 #8

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

There are a lot of people named JT Bell, so I get mostly hits from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. on the first few pages. There's also a Wikipedia page for a mathematician named Robert J. T. Bell.

My "Meet a Mentor" thread here finally turns up on page 4.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  10. Apr 14, 2015 #9
    Aleph numbers are actually a mathematical thing, as it turns out. I read it in Aniara and thought Harry Martinson just made it up. So, yeah. 30 pages so far and nothing.

11. Apr 14, 2015 #10

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Have you ever seen or heard the opera that Blomdahl wrote about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniara_(opera)

I have a recording of it, but I haven't read the libretto closely enough to know whether it mentions the aleph numbers...

12. Apr 14, 2015 #11
    250px-BT04-004EN-RRR_%28Sample%29.jpg

And I was going to use this one in a fantasy story... I still will but I would have felt so much better if I was the first one to make it up.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  13. Apr 14, 2015 #12
    No, I have not. I believe the pilot/mathematician comes up with some sort of groundbreaking mathematical concept reminiscent of the real life aleph numbers. It is possible that Lindegren left that part out. I can't remember if Martinson actually calls them aleph numbers...

14. Apr 14, 2015 #13

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm, over 4 million hits for "George Jones", and I don't seem t have made the first 25 pages.

15. Apr 15, 2015 #14
    first result for nitsuj is an Urban Dictionary entry....and I don't like it!! lol

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook