University of Florida Physics, Math and Computer Science 09-10 Fall

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter chislam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
chislam
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
I'm enrolled for 09-10 Fall to begin my BS in physics at UF. Anyone else here on PF going to UF for physics, math and/or computer science?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am a senior math major at UF. I don't know much about the Physics department, though.
 
alligatorman said:
I am a senior math major at UF. I don't know much about the Physics department, though.

How have you liked it so far?
 
I am probably going there for graduate physics. It loooks like a decent program.
 
short circut said:
I am probably going there for graduate physics. It loooks like a decent program.

True, I met with a grad student there close to the completion of his PhD, and he loves it.
 
chislam said:
I'm enrolled for 09-10 Fall to begin my BS in physics at UF.

Ditto
 
how does UF compare to top programs like MIT, Caltech, Princeton or University of Chicago? I'm mainly concerned about undergrad for now.
 
Razzor7 said:
Ditto

Well, perhaps we'll become acquainted.
 
It's a big department and fairly well-respected (like most departments at UF). Lots of faculty and lots of research opportunities.