VOTE Photo Contest Group 1 - Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

VOTE Group 1 - Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

  • iansmith

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sas3

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • FredGarvin

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • BobG

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • GeoMike

    Votes: 23 65.7%
  • mattmns

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • turbo-1

    Votes: 3 8.6%

  • Total voters
    35
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 5K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
This is going to be one of the toughest contest to vote on. So well done, and good luck to everyone!

Please vote for the picture that best depicts our theme, which is SNOW! This is the first group of pictures. You have one vote for each group.

1. iansmith
HPIM0073.jpg


2. sas3
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3672/snow1fn6.jpg

3. FredGarvin
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8219/snow5resizedhg1.jpg

4. BobG
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4859/9272006005ez4.jpg

5. GeoMike
http://www.mcschell.com/snowytrail.jpg

6. mattmns
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9748/shaggysnowqk0.png

7. turbo-1
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/488/snowpx8.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=150125"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Geomike hands down for me on this one, it is a beautiful shot!
 
ZZ, you put me in the same group as GeoMike! I'll have your guts for garters.

BTW Mike, you got my vote. My pathetic little tree doesn't scream "snow" like your trail.
 
I had to go with geomike, both for the amount of snow, and the composition, as well as the color. I'm glad my entry doesn't have to compete with his photo yet. :biggrin:
 
Great pictures, with many great qualities. I went with geoMike in the end, because his picture comes with a special sound. The sound of silence if you're standing, or the muffled sound of footfalls if you're walking. Beauty.
 
I had to go with GeoMike as well. That's a great picture. I would reproduce it in black and white.
 
OMG! Either there's something wrong with my internet, or you people have done something 'evil' with geomike's photo! I can see all the other photos except his. I'm not voting yet.
 
Just a reminder that you have one day left to vote in the first round of this contest. While GeoMike is running away with this one, there's still hope for others to get into the final round. So every vote counts!

Zz.
 
Having one run away winner creates some strange results. How could iansmith get zero votes for one the better pictures in the group?

It just goes to show, second place is nothing!:smile: