Vote-Your City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 1

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo

City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 1

  • Zapperz

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • hypatia

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • cronxeh

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Mk

    Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Gokul43201

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • hypnagogue

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • detta

    Votes: 4 9.3%
  • J77

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • heartless

    Votes: 1 2.3%

  • Total voters
    43
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
Voting closes on May 12.

We had 20 entries (1 disqualification). Well done, people! The entries are separated into 2 groups according to when they were submitted. You may vote once for EACH group. Top vote getters (to be decided later) will have a run-off in the final voting.


1. ZapperZ
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9211/11717778tw.jpg

2. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/060403_CIC_vacuums.jpg

3. cronxeh
http://d22517.u24.crnc.net/11294050781282.JPG

4. Mk
http://www.mwnx.net/users/mac/PF%20photo%20contest/View-from-Asan-overlook.jpg

5. Gokul43201
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/1657dd807a.jpg

6. hypnagogue
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4297/sakk8lk.jpg

7. detta
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5125/bridge0ab.jpg

8. J77
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2964/tmpriot2wq.jpg

9. larkspur
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/7b609dfe2b.jpg

10. heartless
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9746/img00826al.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I can't pick just one. :frown:
It's impossible! I think I need to print them out, make paper airplanes, and the one that goes furthest wins. :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
It's impossible! I think I need to print them out, make paper airplanes, and the one that goes furthest wins. :biggrin:
That may be the only way.
 
hypatia's picture reminds me of the movie "The Brave Little Toaster", so for emotional reasons, that would be my choice if a gun were held to my head.
 
Last edited:
My first impression is to go for the mist one... I also like the street one... I'll pick the mist one...

Should've found a better pic of the 'Dam :smile:

Actually, who lives on a misty lake with ducks... Perhaps I'll go for the street...

btw: mine was taken from my front window :-p
 
Last edited:
Wow, I received a vote! I feel very flattered. Thanks whoever gifted me with it. Myself, I think my photo is bad, it's really bad. I hope I'll get better for next contests
 
That was one hell of a tough choice, and I assume that Part II will be as well. I had to go with the one which I'd most like to have blown up and framed on my wall, which is MK's.
 
I voted for ZapperZ's photo. It was between his photo and the ducks, but I thought the ducks lacked anything interesting to them. I like Zz's photo because of the lines. Look at it, everywhere there are lines. vertical lines for the buildings, light posts, trees, the sculpture. Horizontal lines, the side walk, the row of trees that extend straight back, the rows of boats lined up. I also think it is interesting that your eyes are not drawn to the sculpture in the picture, your eyes are first drawn to the left corner where the rows of skyscrapers meet (that building with the angled black roof). Its funny, because I am so fixed to see what's going on with those skyscrapers in the background that I would be totally oblivious to a person walking by me nude on that sidewalk 2 feet away.
 
Last edited:
I like Mk's, and Gokul's best. I dunno, but for some really really weird reason, I love sunset... :!) And it's damn hard to choose only 1 between the 2. :cry:
Can we just have multiple choices for the next vote?
 
Last edited: