What are some basic physical notions that can be explained?

In summary, basic physical notions refer to fundamental concepts and principles that explain the natural world. These include ideas such as motion, forces, energy, and matter. Motion is the change in position of an object over time, while forces are interactions between objects that cause changes in motion. Energy is the ability to do work, and matter is any substance that has mass and takes up space. These basic physical notions are used to describe and understand the behavior of objects in the physical world, and they form the foundation of many scientific disciplines such as physics and chemistry.
Lluvia
Hello All,

I teach intro physics and astro at a local community college. This is fun and all, however I have some rather silly questions about basic physical notions (such as the nature of physical quantities) and I figure I can ask my silly questions here and have someone please explain these basic things to me.

Likes Navin and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Be sure to do a PF search (upper right of the page) as well. Many questions have been brought up here in the past. Nice to have you here!