What are some challenges faced by first year science teachers in rural areas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter arosinblum
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Teacher
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 545 views
arosinblum
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
How did you find PF?
google search
Hey folks, I'm a first year teacher in a rural county in the mountains of western North Carolina. I'm teaching physics, chemistry and physical science (physics and chemistry lite). I inherited a large classroom full of strange and wonderful devices and apparati. Many of these I'm not sure what they are supposed to do and some of which are probably broken! I'm a lateral entry teacher, coming in with a master's of science and a decade of working in the natural sciences with a background in hydrology, environmental chemistry, and ecology.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org