What are some interesting fish patterns and why do you find them beautiful?

• Thread starter Newtoforums
  • Start date
In summary, there are many interesting fish patterns that can be found in different species of fish. These patterns can range from stripes and spots to intricate designs and colors. Many people find these patterns to be beautiful because they are unique and visually appealing. They also serve as a form of camouflage and help fish to blend into their environments. Overall, the various fish patterns found in nature are both fascinating and aesthetically pleasing.
Newtoforums
How did you find PF?
General web search for physics forums.
Not much else to add.

I have never used a forum before.

Any help or advice will be very much appreciated.

I love Maths and Physics.

Best regards

Newtoforums

Likes PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

PeroK said:
:welcome:
Thank you

I am really pleased that I have joined this forum. It is easy to navigate and seems a very active, friendly and user friendly forum. I wish I knew about this when I was in school.

I am especially happy with the fact that you have to enquire about donating rather than it being shoved in your face. Suggesting easy ways for everyone to support the forum in a way they feel comfortable with.

I am an engineer by trade and because Maths and Physics is a large part of my job. I have always had a passion about Maths and Physics and finally having a place where I can discuss these topics with like minded people really pleases me.

Best regards

Newtoforums

Likes berkeman, PeroK and Hamiltonian
Thank you for that information.

I am really pleased with how I have been received, so far. I was expecting to have more of a hard time.

I am looking forward to explore more of the forum.

Best regards

Newtoforums

Likes pinball1970
Welcome to PF! What's your favorite type of fish?

Newtoforums said:
I am really pleased with how I have been received, so far. I was expecting to have more of a hard time.
Really? May I ask why?

Drakkith said:
Really? May I ask why?
Don't give him a hard time!

• Haha
Likes berkeman and dlgoff
PeroK said:
Don't give him a hard time!
Choice of fish is very important.

• Sad
  • Haha
Likes BillTre, gmax137, dlgoff and 1 other person
Drakkith said:
Welcome to PF! What's your favorite type of fish?
I haven't heard that asked for years. Why do you ask now?

dlgoff said:
I haven't heard that asked for years. Why do you ask now?
Has it fallen out of style? I wasn't aware.

Drakkith said:
Has it fallen out of style? I wasn't aware.
The last time I heard that was back when @Evo lead Saturday morning chats. How long ago was that @Evo?

Drakkith said:
Welcome to PF! What's your favorite type of fish?Really? May I ask why?
Having a hard time.

Social media never really interested me.

Whether it was the peer pressure to use the latest app, due to the fear of missing out, or the people in the group spending so much time on the application that the thread would move so quickly; that if you did not spend the same amount of time on that app you missed so much.

For a long time I never touched it, having only a mobile phone and an email out of necessity.

Science trivia has always appealed to me - so having somewhere where I can discuss the latest topics with like minded people really appeals to me.

It interested me that much that I choose a career around it.

My favourite type of fish.

I don't know if this was the intention with this question, but I will answer it seriously.

There are a few fish that I find interesting but the patterns this one creates I think are particularly beautifiul.

Pufferfish Article

Best regards

Newtoforums

Likes Drakkith

Related to What are some interesting fish patterns and why do you find them beautiful?

What is a forum?

A forum is an online platform where people can discuss various topics, share information, and engage in conversations with others who have similar interests.

How do I join a forum?

To join a forum, you typically need to create an account by providing a username, email address, and password. Some forums may also require you to verify your account through email or social media.

What are the benefits of joining a forum?

Joining a forum allows you to connect with like-minded individuals, learn from others, and share your own knowledge and experiences. It can also be a great way to network and build relationships.

How do I participate in a forum?

To participate in a forum, you can start by browsing through the different topics and threads to find discussions that interest you. You can then join in by posting comments, asking questions, and sharing your thoughts and opinions.

Are there any rules I should follow in a forum?

Yes, most forums have rules and guidelines that users are expected to follow. These rules are usually in place to ensure a respectful and productive environment for all members. Be sure to read the forum's rules before participating.