New to physics and mathematics forums

  • Thread starter Thread starter Philip Lacroix
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 679 views
Philip Lacroix
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Hello,

I'm interested in physics and mathematics, and this forum was recommended to me. I'm looking forward to participate.

Best wishes,
Philip
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you!

I should say classical physics in general, even if I do have a basic understanding of relativity: I'm trying in fact to rehearse my previous knowledge in order to extend it. Thanks for asking!
 
Thats great. There's a book by Susskind called Classical Mechanics, The Theoretical Minimum that can help with some of your understanding and for Relativity there is a book by Sander Bais called Very Special Relativity that succinctly presents the theory using spacetime graphs and other diagrams.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Philip Lacroix
Sounds great, much appreciated. I discovered the website with Susskind's lectures, on which the book is based: I hope not to get lost too quickly because of the math level.
 
I'm going to rehearse these first: they are not new to me, but there's definitely some rust that has to be removed. :)