What are the Interests and Background of Scientist John?

  • Thread starter Thread starter John Collis
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 721 views
John Collis
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Not a very original title I 'm afraid, but I would like to introduce myself.
My name is John and I have been a registered nurse since 2006 in the UK, prior to this I was a systems/software engineer primarily in the defence industry for 25 years. My physics education was at 1st degree level. Since I was a child I have been interested in Astronomy and space travel (I was fortunate to be around for the Apollo project). I am also interested in other aspects of science and, primarily software engineering.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
John Collis said:
Not a very original title I 'm afraid, but I would like to introduce myself.
My name is John and I have been a registered nurse since 2006 in the UK, prior to this I was a systems/software engineer primarily in the defence industry for 25 years. My physics education was at 1st degree level. Since I was a child I have been interested in Astronomy and space travel (I was fortunate to be around for the Apollo project). I am also interested in other aspects of science and, primarily software engineering.
Welcome to the forum John. Yeah, it's tough to come up with a new line for an intro on a forum that has had several hundred thousand of them over the years :smile:
 
phinds said:
Yeah, it's tough to come up with a new line for an intro on a forum that has had several hundred thousand of them over the years :smile:

Yeah, about 3x1014 possible for English alphabet plus space and hyphen (28 chars) and a 10 character name. :))
(Someone else can find the pronounceable subset.)