What happens if you are absent from college?

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Bipolarity
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    College
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Bipolarity
Messages
773
Reaction score
2
Say I am absent from my university for a day for medical reasons, but I have an assignment due that day. Can I hand in my work the next day?

I know it depends on the school and of course the professor, but what should I do if I know I am going to be absent? Should the email the professor asking him if I can submit the assignment the day I get back? Is it usually accepted?

BiP
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Check the syllabus for that course. They outline procedures for dealing with these sorts of things. The professor will be able to tell you as well if you ask.
 
If you know you're going to be absent on a certain day, why don't you hand in the assignment a day early? There's no way the professor should have an issue with that?
 
As everyone above has said, ask your professor, and also consult your school's student handbook/academic regulations/official web page to see if there's a standard procedure for such a situation.