1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What happens if you are absent from college?

1. Jul 15, 2012 #1
    Say I am absent from my university for a day for medical reasons, but I have an assignment due that day. Can I hand in my work the next day?

I know it depends on the school and of course the professor, but what should I do if I know I am going to be absent? Should the email the professor asking him if I can submit the assignment the day I get back? Is it usually accepted?

BiP

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2012 #2
    Check the syllabus for that course. They outline procedures for dealing with these sorts of things. The professor will be able to tell you as well if you ask.

4. Jul 15, 2012 #3

phyzguy

Science Advisor

If you know you're going to be absent on a certain day, why don't you hand in the assignment a day early? There's no way the professor should have an issue with that?

5. Jul 15, 2012 #4
    Yes, get in contact with the professor.

6. Jul 16, 2012 #5
    As everyone above has said, ask your professor, and also consult your school's student handbook/academic regulations/official web page to see if there's a standard procedure for such a situation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook