What is the Impact of Amateur Observations on Scientific Discoveries?

• Thread starter despoi1er
  • Start date
In summary, amateur observations have played a crucial role in scientific discoveries. They provide a unique perspective and contribute to a larger pool of data, allowing scientists to make more accurate conclusions. Amateur observations have resulted in the discovery of new species, astronomical phenomena, and even contributed to solving complex research questions. Additionally, amateur scientists often have a passion and dedication for their subject, leading to breakthroughs that may have otherwise been missed by professionals. Overall, amateur observations have a significant impact on scientific discoveries and should be valued and encouraged in the scientific community.
despoi1er
How did you find PF?
web search
I'm afraid I have no qualifications beyond my school 'O' levels but I did have an IQ of 148 when tested and have a keen interest in how Everything works. I have always been good at lateral thinking.
I witnessed something Earth shattering a few years ago and have been trying to find a way to make the science community look into it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. :smile: