What is the Optimum Speed for Riding on a Wall of Death?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VintageWallofDeath
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 517 views
VintageWallofDeath
I am going to have a few questions to help with my research into the Wall of Death. I have the only riders database in the world and sadly the media believes speed is important, In fact quite the opposite, the most impressive riders are the ones that ride slowest. I have been told I ride too fast and yet it is a common belief that 26mph is the optimum speed to maintain traction on a motorcycle on an average sized wall of between 9m or 10m, I am therefore interested to find out more and sort the equations once and for all.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums!

The best place to ask your questions here is probably the General Physics forum:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/general-physics.111/

More physics-knowledgeable members follow that forum than this one (New Member Introductions), so you're much more likely to get help there.