What is the prevalence of long-term lurkers on online science forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Highway_Dylan
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 597 views
Highway_Dylan
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Hello everybody! I have recently completed my MSc in physics and probably will soon continue toward a PHD. I have been lurking around here for quite some time and decided to make an account. My primary fields of interest are condensed matter and computational physics.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you as an active member rather than a lurker.

It is somewhat mysterious for us wondering how many long-term lurkers we have.
 
Hello Dylan, :welcome: !

And I do a hats off for your very first post ! (Well both of the first two, actually) :smile:
Best of luck with your PhD !
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Highway_Dylan
anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you as an active member rather than a lurker.

It is somewhat mysterious for us wondering how many long-term lurkers we have.

I've been lurking for about 2 years (it's a stupid habit I have) so there may be quite a few others around 😱😅
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman