What is the Role of Physics in Geology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KevinHartl
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 655 views
KevinHartl
I am a 45 year Geologists working in Oil and Gas in Houston. I am not very good at advanced math, pretty much checked out at calculus, but I have always loved physics. I use fundamental principals of physics every day when developing arguments to support various depositional models. Physics is really the best first test to any interpretation of past physical processes on earth. I am joining today trying to figure out the force of a head trauma I suffered at 6 years old when a sail boat mast fell on my head. I guess I am to post the physics problem in a separate section so I'll go find that next.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am also here, only a different here from you, Kevin. Welcome to PF.