What is the truth behind the 10% of our brain myth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zula110100100
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Zula110100100
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
It seems to me that it would be horrible to have 100% control of my brain, as then I would have to spend all my time making myself breath, regulating my temperature, pumping my heart, keeping myself from falling over...I would think the other 90% is very busy indeed and we should be thankful to have 10% to spend on whatever we choose.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Zula110100100 said:
It seems to me that it would be horrible to have 100% control of my brain, as then I would have to spend all my time making myself breath, regulating my temperature, pumping my heart, keeping myself from falling over...I would think the other 90% is very busy indeed and we should be thankful to have 10% to spend on whatever we choose.
We use all of our brain, we just do not need to use all of it all of the time.