What new concepts in physics have emerged since the 1960s?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joneall
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 425 views
joneall
Gold Member
Messages
90
Reaction score
15
Hi. I actually was a physicist a long time ago. I got my PhD in 1967 and worked as a post-doc for 5 years before switching to computing -- in a large computing center for physicists, many working on experiments at CERN. Back in the sixties, at my school, we did not even have a course in General Relativity and Cosmology barely existed. So all that is new to me and I am getting it from the works of people like Brian Greene, Sean Carroll and Max Tegmark. So if I take a while to catch on to a new concept, please have patience.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org